ReLEx SMILE, being the advanced laser technology method, which has been used since 1990 for the visual disorders and which has been realized without a blade after 2000’s is applied by means of the experience and quality of Batigoz.
Smile Laser is the newest surgery in other words it is the 3rd generation laser refraction surgery. While a big incision is necessary for the implementation of laser in LASIK, this incision is reduced to 2 mm in SMILE.
All surgical steps can be carried out by a single laser and without a blade in RelEx SMILE treatment yielding very good results for especially high myopia and being revolutionary for bladeless laser treatment. It is performed by removal of lenticula by smaller incision than Femto LASIK method. By this means, patients with high diopter value have the advantages such as safe treatment, less sting, burning and faster recovery and few keratitis sicca problems.
Smile laser surgery is performed by use of VisuMaxfemtosecond laser being the patented techology of Carl ZeissMeditec and is FDA certified. The surgeon use femtosecond laser to create a small tissue in the form of a lens (lenticula) in the cornea in SMILE procedure. Then, an incision in the form of a small spring is applied to the cornea surface with the same laser and the surgeon excretes the lenticula from this incision. When the small lenticula is removed, myopia will be corrected and shape of the cornea will be changed. Cornea incision recovers within a few days without any sutures and clear vision will be experienced very fast.
Who is the candidate for Smile Laser?
If you have an active life or job, SMILE will be a better option for you than LASIK or similar procedures. If you are highly active, you may cause problems by displacing cornea flap accidentally. Since SMILE does not cover cutting the flap in the cornea like LASIK, post-flap formation complications will not be in question. For this reason, ReLex SMILE laser method is the most suitable operation method for the persons having an active life and professional sportsmen.
Who is edible for it?
· You should be 18 years old or older.
· Diopter value has not been changed in the last one year.
· Your myopia should be between -1.00 and -10.00 degrees and astigmatic disorder should not be higher than -5.00 degrees.
· Your general eye and cornea health condition should be good enough for this procedure.
· You should have the realistic expectations about what SMILE can do for you and cannot do.
Some people are not edible for SMILE
· Patients diopter value of who changes
· Hypermetropia patients (Treatment of hypermetropia with SMILE is still worked on and it is supposed that it will be applied to hypermetropia patients in the future.)
· Person being below the age of 18
· Persons having skin or other diseases to affect the recovery
· Persons having excessive scar and keloit formation
· Persons having cornea degeneration or cornea disease
· Persons having advanced glaucoma
· Persons having cataract disease affecting the vision
· Persons having uncontrolled diabetes mellitus
· Persons having the history of a certain eye infection
· Persons being in the period of pregnancy or breast feeding
Benefits and differences of Smile Laser
A big incision is not created for cornea flap and therefore flap tissue related complications are not expected. Complications such as flap folding and fitting following the surgery are not expected. The risk of getting loose of the flap in the event of any trauma to occur on the face in the long-term is eliminated. Since little cornea incision is formed, the number of nerves cut is fewer and xerophthalmia arising from the loss of sense will be minimized. Prevention of loss of flap tissue is now possible by SMILE for the patients having high diopter value.
What will you experience during SMILE Laser?
In the pre-op period, it should be evaluated whether your eye structure is fit for SMILE surgery or not by means of a very detailed eye examination and tests. A laser procedure which lasts for about 27 seconds is applied during the surgery. After a vacuum ring is inserted to prevent moving your eyes, the laser is applied and your physician removes a part created in the cornea through only 2 mm incision. You should rest on the day following the surgery. Watering, glow in lights, and eye sensitivity to last for all day long is usual conditions and they are reduced by the drops used. You will have the vision level enough to fulfill a number of tasks on the next day.
ReLEx SMILE, which is applied at the distinguished clinics of the world today and very few centers in Turkey is performed successfully with the assurance of Batigoz Health Group as the newest, bladeless, sensitive, safe and fast treatment method that outer layer of cornea is protected and which is used to correct the visual disorders.